Learning the basics of CBD.
Start learning about CBD with CANVIVA’s CBD 101 and then check out all of our resources listed below. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Linkedin. Maximize your CBD experience by signing up for our e-newsletter. You’ll receive the latest CBD information, videos, and more.
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. Unlike THC, it is non-psychoactive, so it won’t get you high. Recognized for its benefits on humans and animals, CBD is believed to help the endocannabinoid system (ECS) keep your body in balance.
DOES CBD WORK BEST IF USED CONSISTENTLY OR AS NEEDED?
Everyone is different, but consistent use as part of a daily health and wellness regimen helps maintain a sustained level of CBD in your system, providing effective support for a variety of health and wellness concerns.
IS CBD MARIJUANA?
Found in both hemp and marijuana, CBD is only legal if it comes from industrial hemp with less than 0.3% THC. As of December 2018, it is no longer considered a “Schedule 1” controlled substance.
IS CBD SAFE TO USE WITH MY REGULAR MEDICATIONS?
CBD may interact with some prescriptions and supplements. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have concerns. Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing.
HOW CAN I TELL IF IT’S “REAL” CBD?
Only CANVIVA CBD Oil products carry the PURE CERTIFIED CBD™ seal. We guarantee that our CBD oil is:
Derived from U.S. grown, organic industrial hemp:
- Traceable back to the crop/licensed grower
- Produced under strict manufacturing practices (GMPs)
- Extracted via food-safe ethanol, best for preserving cannabinoids, terpenes, and other naturally occurring compounds found in full spectrum CBD
- Third-party, lab tested for contaminants and cannabinoid quantification
- Pesticide Free
- Free of heavy metals and other impurities
- Contains less than 0.3% THC
- Made in the U.S.
HOW TO TAKE A TINCTURE
Tinctures are the most popular and effective method of taking CBD. This sublingual method allows the CBD to diffuse into your bloodstream through tissues under the tongue.
- While the bottle is closed, shake well, then pinch and release the rubber bulb to fill the dropper.
- Unscrew the lid and adjust the amount in the dropper to your desired dose.
- Place dose under your tongue. Let it stay there for one to five minutes before swallowing.
- Start with 1/4 or 1/2 of the recommended dose. Increase or decrease subsequent dosages to reach the desired effect.
- Tinctures may be taken once or twice a day or spread throughout the day by micro-dosing.
HOW TO APPLY A TOPICAL
- Shake well if using a roll-on.
- Roll-on or massage on to clean dry skin.
- Reapply to the affected area(s) not more than four times per day.
YOUR ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM
Did you know that your body naturally produces cannabinoids? They are called endocannabinoids. They act on your endocannabinoid system (ECS) to help regulate a host of reactions. These include pain response, inflammation, mood, memory, stress, immunity, sleep, and appetite.
Early research indicates that taking hemp-derived CBD oil tinctures may encourage your body to produce more endocannabinoids, helping to bring your body back into balance or homeostasis. Your ECS is not an isolated system like the digestive or respiratory system. Instead, it is spread throughout the body on nearly every organ through the central and peripheral nervous system. The ECS is naturally present in all mammals.
ALL PRODUCTS CONTAIN LESS THAN 0.3% THC AND ARE LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES.