Why Keep A CBD Journal?
Adding CBD to your wellness regimen is relatively easy, and it may support your health and wellness journey. If you are considering or are using CBD, you may want to keep a CBD journal to help you record your progress.
According to a Consumer Reports survey, 26% of Americans have tried CBD. Maybe you’re wondering if it will work for you. Or maybe you’ve tried CBD, and you’re wondering why it didn’t work for you.
Keeping a CBD Journal Can Help You Maximize Your Experience.
Everyone’s wellness journey is personal. So is your experience with CBD. What might work for your best friend may not work for you. With consistent tracking, patience, and research, you can see how the CBD you take affects you.
Every Body Is Different.
Sex, height, weight, age, metabolism, genetics, and more, can all impact bioavailability (the percentage of CBD you absorb into your bloodstream). For instance, if you are a small person, you may need a lower dose than someone larger to experience the calming effects of CBD.
There Is No “Correct” CBD Dosage.
Dosing varies from person to person. Product consistency, the type of product you choose, the concentration, your level of pain or discomfort, and your tolerance to CBD, can all influence the amount or dosage that is right for you.
Use the right product or a combination of products for the type of relief you’re seeking. Take time to learn about the pros and cons of different CBD products. Discover why tinctures might be the best way of taking CBD for you. And finally, make sure you purchase your CBD from a reputable source because not all products are created equal.
The concentration or strength of the CBD in a product is measured in milligrams (mg). CANVIVA PURE CBD Oil Tincture contains 500mg in a 1oz (30ml) bottle. Our suggested dose is one full dropper (1ml) and contains approximately 16mg of CBD hemp extract. If you are treating a specific health issue, you may take a higher dose or choose a product with more CBD, such as CANVIVA PURE High Potency, than someone taking CBD for overall wellness.
The FDA does not allow us (or any other CBD manufacturer) to make specific health claims about our products. However, substantial information exists concerning the potential benefits of CBD. Documenting your experience can help you keep track of what works and what doesn’t for your specific conditions.
Start Out Slow With A Low Dose.
Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, so it won’t get you high. Studies show doses up to 1500mg per day, 150 times the 10mg standard dose, have been well tolerated in humans. In rare cases, some people have reported feeling tired, light-headed, or having a dry mouth. Keeping a journal is one of the best ways to make sure that you’re taking CBD safely.
When beginning your CBD journey, whether for overall wellness or a specific health reason, we recommend starting slow with a low dosage. Give it time. CBD needs to build up in your system. You’d never take just one vitamin and expect immediate results. Well, it’s the same with CBD. Start with a low dose and increase slowly to find out what is the perfect amount for you. It may take several days, a few weeks, or as many as several months before you find your perfect dose.
Before starting a CBD regimen, you may want to consult with your health care provider, especially if you have health issues or are taking any medications. Do not use CBD if you are pregnant or nursing.
Getting Started. Things To Consider When Using A CBD Journal.
If you’ve decided that CBD is right for you, a journal can help you clarify what you want to accomplish and how successful you are.
What are your goals? Determine what you want to achieve and what part of your body you want to affect. What products do you want to try? Many people benefit from a combination of products such as a tincture and topical, especially when seeking relief from exercise-induced soreness.
Keeping a journaling routine can help you successfully keep track of how CBD affects your body. Life is hectic, and it’s easy to forget things. CANVIVA offers this FREE CBD Journal to help get you started.
What To Record In Your CBD Journal:
- Note which CBD product(s) you’re taking and the potency of each one.
- Write down how much you’re taking. We recommend starting with a low dosage and slowly increasing the dosage until you find your sweet spot, and this journal will help.
- Record the date and time you’re taking it.
- Describe your physical symptoms and feelings before taking the CBD.
- For each physical symptom, rate the intensity of the issue before and after taking the CBD.
- After taking the CBD, describe how you feel. You may want to record the results after 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and 4 hours.
- If you don’t notice any changes in how you feel, increase your dose. If you’re feeling jittery or anxious, or experience any other unwanted results, lower your dose.
- Consult your health care provider, especially if you have health issues or are taking any medications. Do not use CBD if you are pregnant or nursing.
Tips For Successful CBD Journaling:
- Commit to a schedule. Make time to make your entries, but note that you don’t have to be perfect.
- Keep your journal where you can’t miss it.
- Treat yourself to something pretty. It may inspire you to use it. Check out the cannabis journals at GOLDLEAF. Get a 15% discount when you use this code: CANVIVA15
Don’t forget about your furry friends. Keeping a CBD journal can help them too!
- Set reminders if they will help you.
- Record your entries in a private setting, free of distractions and interruptions.
Final Thoughts For Your CBD Journey.
Your CBD journal is a reference for the future, allowing you to look back and see what has or hasn’t worked for you. Journaling helps you better understand your body and make informed decisions about how to use CBD. Documenting your usage can help shape wellness habits in other areas as well. These may include exercise, eating and sleeping habits, and more.
CANVIVA has a complete line of full spectrum CBD Oil tinctures, perfect for your specific needs and wellness goals. If you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you! Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Linkedin, or sign up for our e-newsletter to receive product information and offers, news, and more.