Back To School Means It’s Time to Focus.
It’s back to school (or back to work) time. That time of year when summer is ending, and autumn is in the air. And, of course, that means it’s time to focus. Are you ready? Or are you looking out the window, lost in daydreams? It seems there’s always some bright, new, shiny object distracting or pulling us away from what we should be doing. So, how do you stay focused and concentrate on the things that need to get done?
CBD might be part of the answer. Remedy Review says CBD, “Can help you get in the right mindset for yoga, a big day at the office, or keep you focused while studying for an upcoming exam.”
Can CBD Help You Focus?
Plant substances, phytocannabinoids such as CBD, can stimulate or interact with your Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS is involved in multiple physiologic processes. Receptors, endocannabinoids, and enzymes all work together to promote homeostasis (balance). CBD also interacts with your serotonin system. Serotonin receptors (specifically serotonin 5-HT1a) are one of the most abundant in the human body. They are present in the brain, and muscle and gland cells throughout the body.
While CBD affects everyone differently, it may have the same effect as actual serotonin molecules on the body. This may explain why some people describe feeling less anxious, and being more alert and focused when taking CBD. Enhanced with essential oils of Holy Basil and Lemon Balm, CANVIVA FOCUS CBD Oil Tincture, may help support anxiety, allowing for greater focus and concentration. Great for back to school!
What Can You Do To Improve Your Focus And Concentration?
According to a 2015 study from Microsoft, the average person has an attention span of 8 seconds. That’s less time than it takes to heat your coffee in the microwave! And, that number has decreased in recent years.
Just think about our inability to unplug from the digital world, say our cell phones, for even a few minutes. No wonder we feel stressed out and anxious, overwhelmed by schoolwork, or struggle with distractions in general. What can you do?
10 Tips For Improving Focus And Concentration:
- Assess and build your mental endurance.
Your focus is good if you find it easy to focus, can set goals (including smaller tasks), and can get back to work after taking short breaks.
Your focus needs work if you can’t tune out distractions, lose track of progress, and/or daydream frequently.
Stretch your attention span. Practice “5 more.” Read five more pages, complete five more math problems, write five more sentences…you’ll be surprised by how much you can accomplish.
- Eliminate distractions. Unplug from social media. Log out of email. Turn your cell phone off and put it away.
- Check the thermostat. Too hot or cold, and it may make it too uncomfortable to concentrate. A Cornell University study found an environment that is between 68 and 77 degrees is most productive.
- Play music. The type of music may be different for everyone, but a study published in Scientific Reports says having music on helps you focus your thoughts.
- Sit in a comfortable position. Breathe deeply and calm your brain before you begin your task.
- Focus on doing one thing at a time. Prioritize your to-do list (write items down to help keep from being distracted by them). Identify what deserves your focus most.
- Take short breaks. Reenergize your brain. A study from the University of Illinois found that participants who were given short breaks during a 50-minute task performed better than those who didn’t.
- Even if your professor (or boss) thinks otherwise, doodling aids in cognitive performance and recollection, according to a study from the University of Plymouth in England.
- Take care of yourself. Eat a well-balanced diet, get a good night’s sleep, exercise regularly, and make time for friends and family.
- Try CBD. Adding a CBD product, such as CANVIVA FOCUS CBD Oil tincture, to your wellness regimen may help support cognitive health.